Tuesday, February 21

Anime

I have come to discover I fucking hate anime. Not anime in general, but the people who love it. I like anime. LIKE. But the people who obsesse over it just get on my nerves. They act like if you watch anything else, you are dumb. And, God forbid, you like American comics. And they are always spouting off how much better Japan is then America. THEN FUCKING MOVE THER AND LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE.

And yes, I watch dubbed anime, cause all the voices in the Japanese one's are done by women. I don't like it when the big badass talks like a school girl. And when the anime becomes popular, they HATE it then. Even if 2 weeks ago it was there favorite thing. I remember talking to someone at Waubonsie who said Trigun was there favorite anime. Literally 2 weeks later when it came on Adult Swim, I talked to him about it, and he said he hated it.

I LOVE D&D. And do you know what I did when 3rd ED got real big? I WAS HAPPY! Cause I could walk into a book store, and pick up my gaming books.

This isn't about anyone that y'all know. I just am getting so tired of the anime-nazis around here. Please let me know what y'alls opinion of it.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an anime-niac. I can't get enough of it. I don't have anything against it getting popular, but I know what you're talking about. I don't care too much for people obsessing over any one thing (namely WoW).

One thing that can be said about "popular" anime is that the American versions are different than the originals. Case in point, One Piece. 4 Kids Entertainment really altered the content to make it kid friendly.

Though I'm not too upset about it because I don't watch Saturday morning cartoons. Also, it gives American children the opportunity to indulge in a different culture.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Rob said...

But do you get pissed at people who like to watched dubbed anime?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kalen said...

Okay, minor disclaimer - I don't really watch anime, though I have caught a few episodes of various series when Ryan was watching them or when I didn't change the channel on Adult Swim after Futurama/Family Guy/Boondocks. But really, anyone who claims that what they like is totally awesome and everything else is crap is just a jerk. Different people like different things - that's why we have cable, more than one radio station, entire bookstores, etc. And unless going "mainstream" involves changing what it was you liked about it (other than the fact it was obscure, which is a stupid reason to like something), then I don't think your opinion of it should change. I guess what I'm trying to say is word to your entire post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home