Sunday, April 16

Anakin is SO gay for Obi-Wan

Well, the accedent is finally settled, and I have a new car. A '95 Saturn. It needs some work, but only cost me half my insurance money so I have the cash to repair it. And I have become fully obsessed with D&D Minis...I almost won a turnament the other day. Won one, lost one, and tied the last, but it was just a free thing at the gaming store was doing. Finally got around to watching Star Wars episode 3. I just want to know one thing...WHY THE HELL DID THEY TRUST THE GUY WITH HORNS!?!?! I mean that guy, the blue one with gianorumus horns, got Jar-Jar to start the Clone Wars, and then convinced Anakin to trust Palpatine fully. WHo the hell trust someone with HORNS!?!?!?

8 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger The Narf said...

What kind of Saturn? Wagon, coupe, sedan? I'm jealous.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Sedan, I think. 4-Door, an SR something I think. But it has a moon roof and a CD player, so I am thrilled about that. And t only needs about $600.00 of repairs, which isn't even all of the insurance money.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger TT said...

Saturn hs never had an 'SR' line. If it's a '95 four-door it's an 'SL' something: 'SL', SL-1', or 'SL-2'. If the back reflector goes all the way across the trunk then it's an 'SL-2'. Otherwise, I don't remember the subtle differences between the 'SL' and the 'SL-1' - mostly minor interior changes. My first Saturn was a '95 SL, and it still ran well until -- uh, something not-at-all-the-car's-problem happened.

Anyway, I liked the early Saturns because they were fairly simple, so it shouldn't be back to fix up and keep running well. And moon roof and CD player are big pluses.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Nurse Penguinladi said...

Last night must have been update night--you, Narf, and Tony! Good choice in car there! I'm trying to convince my sister to buy a Saturn--she just got rid of a car with a little over 100,000 miles on it because it wasn't running well. I told her Saturns are like the Energizer Bunny--they just keep going and going and going. . . even when the teenage driver forgets to check the oil and runs it for a couple of thousand miles without any oil!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kalen said...

Dad, your first Saturn was an SL-1. The SL only came in manual transmission. Don't ask me how I remember that all these years later, but I remember reading it on either some kind of flier or in the owner's manual.

Our family is, like, the Borg except with Saturns now. Everyone will be assimilated...

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger TT said...

Kamie - I suppose you are right. I just know I got it as stripped down as I could - no options at all. The office staff thought the order was wrong because no options were listed.

So, yeah, it must have been an SL-1A ('A' for automatic). I would have gone for the stick version if Ellen would have put up with it - but she would never learn to drive stick.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger TT said...

So, Rob, if you've got automatic it's probably the SL-1, unless it's the SL-2 with the reflectors like I said (and the other main feature of the SL-2 is it has a dual overhead cam engine, so I think it'd have a DOHC tag on it on the back).

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Amber #2 said...

You people and your Saturns, jeeze. Am I the only person here who is a Chrysler fan? The fact that so many members of my family have worked for them plays no small part in that, but still...

#2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home