Update
Sorry it has been a while. For some reason, my blog wouldn't let me sign in. But it fixed itself, or Amber did it.
Well, I didn't get the job at the fabric store. Still kinda pissed at that. The only reason they said I might not get it at my interview was because I was a guy (That has got to be illegal...or it would be if it happened to a woman). Though I did get a better job. I am going to be working at the local theatre. Consessions. It will be more of the same food service my last few jobs have been, unfortunatly. But it pays a dollar more then the fabric store, and free movies, so I can't really complain.
My car died on me, the altenator blew. I hate altenators. This is my third car, and my third blown altenator. But we got that fixed. The worst part is it crapped out on me on my birthday. Now I think I have a coolant leak. Need to run it up to the dealership my dad works at and have him look at it.
Amber is doing pretty good. She is stressed out from school. I try to help, but I am not sure if I am helping or not. She is switching from working 2 days a week to one day a week, so that should help.
I've been sewing more. Almost have my Halloween costume done. Then I will be working on Amber's.
Well, I think that is all for now. I need to get going anyway.

5 Comments:
Certainly no one reading this blog knows anything about working at a theater. :-)
Anyway, congrats on the theater job. And, yeah, it's at least stupid for the fabric store to state that you might not get the job because of your gender. Yes, it's illegal. However you'd probably have to start by getting the state equal opportunity commission to care.
So what theater chain is it? I'm doubting it's an AMC, else you would have mentioned that.
That sucks about the fabric store - discrimination isn't cool no matter who it happens to. But working a a theater's not half bad. At least you only have to deal with people who are picky about their popcorn rather than people who are anal about their fabric. And, as you mentioned, the perks rock.
Happy (belated) birthday! Sorry your car died on it.
congrats on the theater job, Rob...
As has already been said, yes, it's illegal that they would not hire you based on your gender... but, yeah... if you're not a girl or a minority good luck getting anyone to care...
Give #1 a hug for me, will you? I've been too busy to check in lately myself.
#2
Hey guys! I figured I'd annoy you into making a blog resurgence. Here goes nothing...
*deep breath*
ANNOY ANNOY ANNOY.
Whew. Post!
Post a Comment
<< Home